- For intermittent wiping, move the control down one position and rotate the wiper switch to the desired position.
- For low speed wiping, move the control down two positions.
- For high speed wiping, move the control down three positions.
- For mist wiping, move the control up one position.
- To spray the washer fluid, pull the wiper control toward you.
Changing the wiper blades
1. Pull the wiper arm away from the vehicle. Turn the blade at an angle from the wiper arm. Push the lock pin manually to release the blade and pull the wiper blade down toward the windshield to remove it from the arm.
2. Attach the new wiper to the wiper arm and press it into place until a click is heard.
3. Replace wiper blades every 6 months for optimum performance.
TILT STEERING (IF EQUIPPED)
Pull the tilt steering control down to move the steering wheel up or down. Hold the control while adjusting the wheel to the desired position, then push the control back up to lock the steering wheel in position.
Never adjust the steering wheel when the vehicle is moving.
POWER WINDOWS (IF EQUIPPED)
When closing the power windows, you should verify they are free of obstructions and ensure that children and/or pets are not in the proximity of the window openings.
Press and hold the bottom part of the rocker switch to open the window.
Press and hold the top part of the rocker switch to close the window.
One touch down
Allows the driver's window to open fully without holding the control down. Press completely down on the bottom part of the rocker switch and release quickly. Press again to stop.
POWER SIDE VIEW MIRRORS (IF EQUIPPED)
To adjust your mirrors
1. Select L to adjust the left mirror
or R to adjust the right mirror.
2. Move the control in the direction you wish to tilt the mirror.
3. Return to the center position to disable the adjust function.
Road test (Every 12 000 miles or 12 months)
Instruments and electrical equipment 1 Check the operation of all instruments and electrical equipment. 2 Make sure that all instruments read correctly, and switch on all electrical equipment in ...
Fuel system - depressurising
Warning: The fuel system will remain pressurised after the engine is switched off. Comply with relevant safety precautions during this operation and refer to the “Safety First” Section at the beg ...
Facia - removal and refitting
Pre-1986 models Removal 1 Disconnect the battery negative lead. 2 Remove the under-dash cover panels. 3 Refer to Chapter 10 and remove the steering column assembly. 4 Refer to Chapter 12 and rem ...